What Everyone Needs to Know About New Tools for Asset Compliance
Looking for an accurate way to track asset compliance? Learn how to create and maintain a common asset enumeration scheme!
If you answer “yes” to any of the following, we suggest you register for our upcoming webinar now, and reserve your seat!
- Are you a member of any of the ISACsthat care about assets, such as the NH-ISAC?
- Are you dealing with Internet of Things configuration problems in an ISAC?
- Do you deal with Configuration Managementof any technical products, including dealing with the various STIGs out there?
- Do you frequent STIGVIEWER?
- Do you have to deal with naming SWIDtags?
- Do you have problems managing the asset hierarchy in your CMDB?
The problem is that there is no common asset categorization and naming convention to use for compliance. It’s true that there are many standards, but they overlap in some areas, have major gaps in others, and they don’t fit every situation.
Why is a Common Asset Enumeration Scheme Critical?
This webinar addresses the first part in harmonizing and tracking Products, Services, and Product/Service classifications that you will need in order to be compliant with mandates that touch on assets and asset management.
- You can’t create and manage a Configuration Management Database unless you can create a product hierarchy scheme -- we’ll give you the tools to do that.
- You can’t share information in an ISAC about assets unless you have a common asset language -- we’ll give you the tools to do that too.
- You can’t apply STIGS unless you know which assets to apply them to – you guessed it, we’ll give you the tools to do that.
- You can’t link low level asset configuration compliance to high level asset management compliance unless you stitch together two very disparate hierarchies – we’ll show you how to do that as well.
Join Dorian Cougias, co-founder of Unified Compliance as he discusses his proposal to harmonize asset naming by extending the Unified Compliance Framework®. Register, and then mark your calendar for Thursday, July 26, 2018, at 10:30 a.m. PDT/ 1:30 p.m. EDT.
What Will You Learn?
- about product and service classification from top level segments down to the bottom level of product updates and editions
- where NAICS, UNSPSC, CPE, and SWID fit into the picture
- at which levels of the hierarchy regulations and standards write their mandates
- at which levels of the hierarchy STIGs are written
- how a common asset enumeration schema allows you to stitch together low level configuration controls with high level asset management controls
You’ll see what works and what’s currently broken. You’ll also learn how we, together, can fix and maintain a Common Asset Enumeration scheme that bridges the gap among all the existing standards.
Register Now! Space is limited.