Information Systems Security Officer for Leidos Defense Group in Camp Springs, MD (Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00) STIG
Leidos Defense Group is looking for a Information Systems Security Officer / ISSO to support the Air Force District Washington supporting the AFNCR IT Services program.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions.
- Establish and implement security procedures and practices in support of Customer goals and current DoD regulations.
- Develop and update Assessment & Authorization (A&A) documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems.
- Using knowledge of the Information System (IS) and understanding of established Information Assurance (IA) and Cybersecurity requirements validate security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP), customer policies & regulations, and ensure local policies are followed.
- Initiate the authorization or re-authorization efforts and process for new or expiring systems and coordinate, schedule, and attend required meetings.
- Serve as the System Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for Joint Base Andrews.
- Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform security audits IAW established procedures. Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data. Make decisions and implement corrective action as required to resolve audit discrepancies.
- As an IA Subject Matter Expert (SME),for Joint Base Andrews provide critical thinking to ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide security engineering review of proposed changes or additions to the IS (including hardware, software, or connectivity), and advise the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) of the security relevance.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures for use by members of the ISSO team.
- Support the ISSO Team Lead in conducting lessons learned activities to improve the overall productivity and efficiency of the ISSO team.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and customer team members.
- Reviewing manual STIGs (ckls) utilizing STIGViewer.
- Reviewing ACAS Scans.
- Developing Project Management Plan to attain ATO.
- Bachelors’ Degree with 4 years’ of applicable experience, additional years’ of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience using ACAS.
- DISA SCAP/ Evaluate STIG.
- Familiarity with the JFHQ-DODIN CCRI process.
- Familiarity with the DISA IAVA process.
- Active Secret clearance.
- DoD 8570 Compliant certifications to include IAT-II at start.
Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other l
For more info.: https://hubs.ly/Q022NVjy0