IT Crisis Manager for Ey in Kochi (salary not disclosed)
- The role of the IT Crisis Manager is responsible for planning and implementing the response to a threat, major incident, disaster, product recall, vendor solvency issue, or geo-political situation that impacts our ability to deliver technology services. You will identify risks, prepare contingency plans and mitigation strategies, and manage all aspects of the crisis.
- We offer opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career receiving support, coaching and feedback from colleagues around the world. This role will give you an opportunity to work with some of the best talent in the industry!
Your key responsibilities
- The IT Risk Management function creates and maintains EY Technologies’ risk management framework, processes, tooling, and strategy. Our primary objectives are to enable EY Technology to build a risk-aware culture, reduce IT risk, defend against internal and external threats, and protect client and EY data.
- As an Assistant Director managing crises, you will need to demonstrate strong communication, critical-thinking, decision-making, organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills. You will be responsible for communicating risks and remediation strategies to the crisis team, senior leaders, and EY employees. You will need to make difficult decisions under pressure, use critical-thinking skills, and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills to empower and organize crisis teams. You will partner closely with technical teams, work directly with firm risk leaders, and work with members of EY’s Global Security team on crisis management activities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Combine calmness, clarity of thought, and drive to manage crisis
- Ability to focus on essential actions and pursue those with intensity
- Serves as a point of escalation for all IT related impacts during a crisis
- Collaborate with Global Security and functional business areas to develop and maintain crisis management playbooks for a variety of crisis scenarios
- Identify and make recommendations for change and adaptation to meet business needs and priorities
- Analyse impact on, and risk to, crucial business functions or information systems given certain crisis assumptions and pro-actively document plans to address
- Prepare research reports on crisis management leading practices and recommendations for implementation
- Seek opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives
- Analyse corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure
- Build and maintain crisis management response and recovery plans/strategies including:
- emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications
- continuity of critical departmental processes
- temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance
- Identify and recommend enhanced plan maintenance strategies that remain flexible to organizational growth, change and resource capabilities
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions
- Facilitate and support the execution of the plans at the time of a crisis event:
- Lead and Facilitate execution of the plan and support plan navigation for the business at the time of an event
- Support Global Crisis Management with critical components of the plan in order that they can make critical decisions
- Provide visibility and reporting to the Global Crisis Management team on the critical functions, individuals, and infrastructure within the business plans
Training and education:
- Develop training materials on IT crisis management for potential members of crisis management working groups and teams
To qualify for the role, you must have
- An in-depth understanding of ISO 22301, 27002, ISO 27001, ISO 31000 frameworks and applying these frameworks
- 5+ years managing crisis within a global organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management, Business Administration Computer Science, or related field of study
- Familiarity with local and regional regulatory requirements and how they impact IT policies
- Experience managing the communication to senior leaders in relation to our risk management program
- Experience in developing and executing reporting strategies
- Projects advanced consultative skills to conduct effective questioning to break down complex issues into core elements, formulate appropriate ideas or planning and negotiate those ideas and plans clearly and concisely to advance a collaborative engagement by all levels of the organization including senior and/or executive management.
- Good interpersonal, communication, consultative, collaboration, and relationship leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and succeed on multiple assignments simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively work with customers and management personnel on all levels, business areas and across cultures
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Certification from the Institute for Crisis Management (ICM)
- Experience in IT Risk Management and/or Information Security disciplines
- A working knowledge of policy frameworks such as ISO, COBIT and unified compliance framework
- Solid knowledge and working experience in governance, risk and compliance as applies to technology
- Good appreciation of the business benefits of internal control and good risk management and not just for compliance purposes (i.e., not limited to SOX, PCI or other regulatory mainstay drivers).
For more info>: https://theucf.info/hNVuGE